- Several short movies will illustrate the concepts presented in class, enhancing the understanding of traffic signal controller parameters (See examples below);
- Animated slides will provide a dynamic view of terminology and standards related to traffic signal control;
- Short exercises will help the student verify the understanding of the content;
- Traffic signal equipment will be available for demonstration of installation and maintenance procedures;
- Students will be able to interact with the functionalities of traffic signal controllers and understand how traffic reacts to different parameters.
A common complaint to agencies related to "not enough green" to cross the intersection is demonstrated here. Relevant information and videos will be provided on how to potentially minimize the problem.
Issues related to passage time (extension time) and intersection efficiency will be explored and demonstrated.
Contact Traffic Signal Academy
865.974.0298 • 1.800.252.7623
309 Conference Center Building
Knoxville, Tennessee 37996-4133